Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 6: Portraits

This week we started portraits...something that I'm not too excited for. I feel like portraits are my weak point. I've always struggled with them BUT this will give me another chance at improving my portrait skills.

My first drawing was OK. I didn't push the value too much because I was so unsure of my lines. The one thing I don't like about portraits is the fact that if it doesn't look like the person it's a failure in my book. And that's where I'm at with my drawings. I would really like the drawings to actually look like the person but it just ain't happening as of yet. I think the proportions were pretty good, and each drawing looks fairly decent.

I've said this before I really respect artists who can draw a person and have it look exactly like them. I have no idea how they can get everything exact, so I hope to improve to the point where it actually looks like the person.

Still need to push the value, but it's getting there


This one started out good..I didn't get a chance to fix the eye but otherwise I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment