Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 5: Skull Memory

This week we drew the skulls from memory. I thought I knew the skull but I was waaaaaaay wrong! Wow. It sure is easy to draw it when it sits right in front of you, especially after doing it for a month. However, the second I started my first memorized skull I knew I was in trouble. Once I got a few strokes down parts of the skull came back to me, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I really struggled with the front side. I had no idea where anything lined up. Overall it turned out pretty well.

I think this assignment was perfect. Seems like everyone in the class was getting used to the skulls and thought they knew them pretty well (myself included), but once we started from memory it was like starting from day one. It was a new challenge and made drawing skulls fun again!

The frontal: Once I got going the skull came together nicely. The red marks were the corrections. I gotta thank Evan for helping me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment