Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 3

This week we drew the skull from 3 different angles - side, back, and front. Overall I'm happy with how everything turned out. The critique helped tremendously and I feel better prepared for the next drawings.

The First Drawing - Side

I started out drawing from the side. I feel like I got the proportions correct except for the top of the skull. During the critique someone said the top (round) part of the skull is about 2/3 of the entire skull. After they said that I looked at my first drawing and realized my proportions were way off. Other than that, I think the face part - including the jaw, nose, eyes, etc looked pretty good.

The Second Drawing - Back

Although everyone said this was the toughest side, I feel like it was easiest for me. This drawing took about 2 hours, so it did take a lot of work, but overall I'm very happy with it. Going back to the top proportions, I think this one is fairly accurate.

The Third Drawing - Front

The final drawing turned out fairly well. I felt like I rushed this drawing. The facial proportions feel pretty good but I think the top of the skull is still too small. I like the line weight and really tried to give depth through the lines.

Overall the drawings turned out, but there is a lot of work yet to do. I also didn't really shade the drawings at all, but rather used line weight to give it space. After our discussion on drawing in general I think I'll be better prepared for the next drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment